Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Wayside Cottage...

This is a vintage sign that my son and I found at a yard sale a year ago. The woman that sold it to me said that she bought it at a barn sale years ago in Maine. Judging by the contruction, my guess is that it's probably from the 1930's - 40's.

It's double-sided, the center is made out of some sort of metal (aluminum?) is framed in wood, and is huge! It now hangs in my bedroom. I just love it - did I mention that I only paid twenty dollars for it?

Here it is on my blog page...


and here it is hung on my bedroom wall - my apologies for the slightly crooked picture - I just want to give you an idea of how it really appears...

Wouldn't this be fun to reproduce? (If any of you ever do so, please let me know - I'd love to see it!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have been yard sale-ing for years and this sign is one of my favorite finds. So, when I was trying to come up with a good blog name - this is what came to mind. So here you have it - "The Wayside Cottage".

Thanks for stopping by!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm linking this up to Frugal Friday at The Shabby Nest...

2 comments:

  1. What a fun sign!

    Jenny
    http://simcoestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love stuff like that sign! thanks for coming to see me and the kind encouragement! It is fun turning junk into treasure!

    ReplyDelete